Saturday, September 30, 2017

Back to School 2017

Elise started 8th grade, at Irving Middle School, on August 14, 2017. 
(I may be way. too. excited. that this is the LAST YEAR OF MIDDLE SCHOOL!!!!!)
 Elise helped me make a new bulletin board for my classroom.
Adrienne asked Scott to pick up a few books for her from UNL's library so she could do a little reading. I thought she said for fun, but who refers to this stack as fun reading??
 Adrienne and I met for breakfast at "The Hub." Always have the french toast at this restaurant!
Elise has been spending time out at the farm taking care of her pumpkins. In reality, Bob takes care of them and she occasionally checks them out, but he calls them her pumpkins. She also helps him take care of the watermelon, squash, potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, sunflowers, onions, etc. And they do a lot of canning. And mainly they have fun together and tell stories.
Sunday School kicked off on Sept. 10. We had opening outside in the amphitheater 
with a high school & college aged band leading songs.
After Sunday School we had a "FaithFest" event. There were bounce houses, food trucks, snow cones, games and live music. Elise's confirmation group led the face painting activities
Here's a picture of the day we closed up the squash and pumpkin beds. The earth was good for the viney produce this year!
 Here is Elise's confirmation group on game night.
And here's my choir. 31 1st-5th graders- Such a great group this year! They work hard to learn their music. I was taking this picture while they were singing. I'm not sure what word I caught them on, but most of them are together!
And finally, Elise had so many pumpkins that she had a painting party with friends. 
We're off to a great year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment