On Monday, Adrienne left for grad school. She is doing her Masters in Applied Linguistics at the University College London, Institute of Education (click here to go to their website). If you want to know what that is, you will have to ask her because I cannot sum it up. Basically, she's really smart and loves languages and seeing how everyones minds work and relate. She will be there for a complete year and hopefully Elise and I will get to go visit her sometime this spring!
We spent the night before she left snuggling...
Singing at the table, (yes, obviously spaghetti was the last supper)...
Dancing...
More snuggling...
and Packing! The living room was covered in stuff all week!
Here she is all ready to go... (tears for mom and Elise).
I drove her to the airport and she maneuvered all her luggage. This was the point that she decided that yes, it would be a great idea to take a cab from the rail station to her apartment instead of taking the metro and walking.
After a few tears from me, (I'm tearing up just thinking about it) she was gone!
Ugh- why does everyone have to go live their dreams and be so smart?!?!
If you want to get a hold of her you can email her or text using the app WhatsApp.
She got to her apartment with no troubles- all the airlines were on time, she took the Heathrow Express into the city and then took a cab to her door. She texted me these pics:
This is her backyard, right on the canal...
Her room with a beautiful window and nice view. (Yes, it's very tiny. She's in a big city in Europe.)
Here's her desk and wardrobe.
Here's the shared kitchen area. I asked her if she could cook in there and this is what she replied, "I have everything i need in my kitchen! There is a fridge (little but totally fine), a hob (which is what they call a stovetop here), and a microwave/convection oven (it works, I made a frozen pizza in the oven the other night and before that when my hob was broken I made pasta in a tupperware container so all is well)."
There was no bedding or towels, so she set out to find what she needed even though she was jet lagged. I think she did a splendid job!
She also went over to her school and snapped me this pic.
All in all she is happy and that's what matters. Cheers to a great new year!













No comments:
Post a Comment