Friday, September 4, 2015

The Past Month

The past month has been chock-full of stuff! School started for both Elise and Eliot, and Adrienne moved home and is getting ready to head off to London for grad school for a year. 

Here are some other highlights from August:

Elise played guitar and sang "Giants Fall" by Francesca Battistelli in worship. She got to play with the band and Amelia sang harmony. It was a hit!
 Elise decided summer would not be complete without a shopping trip to Omaha. 
Eliot came along too.
 Elise decorated her locker a couple of days before school started.
 Her friend, Maddie, is two doors away and they didn't even plan the matching mirror set.
 All ready to be middle schoolers!
 Our deck decided it wanted to host some critters. I stepped through a board and discovered termites. We had it ripped out that same day so now we have an eyesore in the backyard. No worries- I've finally decided that I want to put a patio there and while we're at it we're getting a new driveway. Hopefully we can get it done yet this fall so that this winter there will be no running starts to get up into the garage.
 Elise and I went to the Husker Marching Band expo...
 and then the next night we went to the Big Red Singers expo. Both were so fun!! And free!
 Elise has been doing a lot of work out at the farm. On this day she got to invite Savannah to come make jelly.
Here's Bob. I asked him if he wanted to get in the picture and he laughed and said, "No way!", but he didn't know I was already taking it- shhh... don't tell him!
 Elise gave me a tour of some of her veggies. The pumpkins are getting so big I don't know how we are going to carry them!

 More hidden treasures...
This summer Bob and Elise canned salsa, tomatoes, tomato juice and jelly. I got to help one weekend make salsa - it is so yummy! Plus, we've had zuchinni, yellow squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, cantaloupe and watermelon. Bob never wants us to leave with an empty car. We've been able to share quite a bit, and I finally carved out a little space in the basement for a pantry.
 Elise and I took a road trip one afternoon when everyone else was working and the weather was gorgeous. We headed over to Doane College in Crete and walked around the campus for a bit.
 Then we went to Wibur, the Czech Capital of the US. The Czech museum was open and we were able to have a private tour. We want to come back next summer for the annual Czech festival!
Scott has been doing a lot of freelancing. Last week he played with the Nebraska Jazz Orchestra at their Prairieland Festival. A friend of mine was there and sent me this pic!
Goodbye August!

No comments:

Post a Comment