We did find some vendors outside the museum and I picked up a painting of the Empire State Building for $10! Then we walked through part of Central Park. This park is huge! It would be very easy to get lost. Lots of runners and walkers of all ages were out today.
Then we had lunch at Shake Shack - yummy! (I think Eliot is finally getting used to the camera.)
After lunch we took the subway to Brooklyn. I really wanted to see the Brooklyn Bridge and walk over it if it wasn't too cold. So we got off on the Brooklyn side and walked back to Manhattan. I was so glad we found it!
(I made my own art for the mantle!)
After all that walking we went back to the hotel to rest up a bit... But we're in New York City so it doesn't feel like we should just hang out in the hotel room. So we walked over to Chelsea and took a quick tour of the Fashion Institute of Technology school and museum. And then went to Donut Plant for a quick snack.
The Chelsea neighborhood is very nice- quiet and residential, but still many stores and restaurants within easy walking distance.
We also found the High Line and walked part of that... Until Eliot finally said, "My feet are pretty tired." Thank goodness. Yes, please, let's go back to the hotel room and watch TV and surf the Internet for a few hours. I spent enough money on this room we might as well use it!
In a little bit we are going to grab a slice for dinner and maybe sit on the rooftop deck or come back to the room and watch TV. We did go in Madison Square Garden and see what tickets were left for the Big East tournaments tonight, but we agreed it was too much money to spend. Tomorrow we come home! In the morning we are going to splurge and go out for breakfast but probably won't have time for much else. We've had a great trip!













No comments:
Post a Comment