Elise has been looking forward to this day all week! This year, Elise wanted a room makeover instead of a party with friends. She picked the colors and we designed it together. Then while she went to school on Friday, I got to work...
A chevron wall...
It turned out great and wasn't even that hard to do!
Scott got home just in time to help me put it all back together.
She... loves... it.
She used birthday money from her grandparents to buy the soft blanket,
a few things for her desk and the twinkle lights.
Today she woke up and got to open one thing for her room that she picked out.
Cracking herself up over something ;)
More room pics. The stand on top of her dresser is what she opened.
She wanted balloons, so she blew them up and hung them in the dining room... right at our face level.
Then we went to get a sonic slushie and a bagel for lunch...
She insisted on a selfie...
And then I took her to my friend Tracey's house who is a professional cake decorator. Elise had her very own lesson while I went to the grocery store. She learned how to mix frosting and use different tips for decorating. I came back as they were finishing up Adrienne's cake for tomorrow- shhh... don't tell Adrienne yet!
I think Adrienne will love it!
For dinner, Elise wanted to go to Dave & Buster's in Omaha. On the way there she said, "Today I'm 11 so you each have to say 11 things that you like about me." And we did!
Games...
and tickets...
and more games...
Then we came home and had these amazing cupcakes that Elise decorated herself with Tracey today! She also made up a game to play with balloons. She had put numbers into 3 balloons. Then her and Adrienne and Eliot each popped one. Whatever number was in their balloon was the bag that they got to keep. "There are prizes in the bags. Two crappy ones and one good one." Eliot won the good one- a dollar bill. Elise got a balloon holder and Adrienne got a balloon. So cute!
Happy Birthday to our little tween!!






















No comments:
Post a Comment