Saturday, June 30, 2012

Go Swimmer!

Elise swam in her first swim meet today at University Place here in Lincoln. She swam in four races for the Irving Frogs. I'm not sure I have all the terms right, so forgive me if I'm wrong. The first race was the Medley Relay. She brought up the end with the freestyle and they came in second place. The second race she swam, (after she sat on deck for an hour!), was the Individual Breaststroke. I don't know if she placed in that or not as there was more than one heat. The 3rd race was Freestyle. She came and told me her time when she was done, 31.72 seconds. And the final race she swam was the Freestyle Relay. The kids will get ribbons, but we don't know what place yet as after 4 1/2 hours, when she was done, we left. I was sweating and she was ready for lunch! She had a great day and was so excited that she got to swim as last weeks race got rained out. She even talked me into skipping two days of VBS this week so that she could go to swim team practice and work on her backstroke. 

 Here's Elise getting ready to warm-up....
There she goes with her pink cap :)
Here in the corner is Coach Mary giving Elise last minute advice. 
Elise's team was the first race of the day. Go frogs, Go!
Here's Elise looking strong!
We did it!
Walking back to the towels with her teammate...
"Swimmers ready..."
Done!
So proud of you, Tootsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment