Friday, May 25, 2012

Done.

Woo-hoo!!! School is out! It's about 8:30 this morning and Elise is curled up in the recliner watching TV and Eliot is still sleeping. Our plans for today include going out to lunch and maybe the library... that's it :) Our summer will be pretty packed, so we're definitely going to enjoy our days of doing nothing!

Elise:
-won the 2nd grade spelling bee this week.
-will be on the Irving swim team.
-will do WAM Camp, (Worship And Music).
-will do VBS.
-is going to the Nebraska Synod Assembly next weekend to be a part of the children's choir.
-is great on her bike and wants Eliot to take her to Culver's for ice cream.
-wants to sign up today for the summer reading program at the library.

Eliot:
-managed to pull off all A's and B+'s this semester. After the last 3 weeks I don't know how he did it, but thankfully he did.
-will be playing summer basketball with his high school team.
-will be running cross country.
-will be the babysitter for Elise. His duties will include cooking, taking her to swim team practice, reading with her and writing an essay per week.
-will volunteer at VBS, (Vacation Bible School).
-will spend a week with his cousins in MN.

Adrienne:
-is working.
-is going out with friends....every night that she's not working... sigh.
-has to go to Chicago to get a Visa for Italy.

Scott:
-will be teaching summer school.
-is playing various gigs, including the Omaha Chamber Society and the Lincoln Municipal Band.
-is hoping to have a neurostimulation device implanted into his spine to control the pain in his leg.
-is helping to plan our 20th anniversary in July.

Me:
-I'm working. I've been doing a variety of things lately. Pastor Rhonda and I are updating our website and creating a mission e-newsletter and a blog for Sheridan. I also have our first WAM camp the first week in June, VBS the last week in June and a family event in July to help plan.
-I won an essay contest on the Beth Moore Blog and won tickets to the Simulcast event on Sept 15 along with a few other things. Later I will show you what I wrote.
-I need to take Adrienne to Chicago to get her visa.
-I'm carving out space in all of our schedules to go to MN in July.

After all that, it feels like I need a break. Good thing we are doing much of nothing today! Happy Summer!

1 comment:

  1. Your family is as busy as ever! Perhaps we can connect when you are in MN this summer. :)
    Jenny Lundeen Robinson

    ReplyDelete