Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Beth Moore Winner :)

Last month I entered a contest on the Beth Moore Blog.... and I won! The question was: "How are you Living Proof that God has worked an accomplishment in you that leaves no viable explanation except Himself".  God was working on my heart that day and I knew immediately what I would write about.

Here was my response:

"I had prepared my whole life to be a concert pianist. I spent countless hours practicing, memorizing, and enduring the “constructive criticism” of a few endearing teachers. When I was in my junior year of college, I developed permanent nerve damage in my right arm that ultimately led me to never perform again. During this time, I married an orchestral musician. Unfortunately, every time he took the stage, I was filled with bitterness and envy. The life he was living, was the path that I had dreamed about. Watching him perform became more about me getting through it, than cheering him on. Since I didn’t want my mental anguish to tear him down, or for me to be seen as an unsupportive wife, I hid it. I lived with that unhealthy battle for over 10 years, until one day it just miraculously disappeared. All bitterness, rage, frustration, jealousy and sorrow were replaced with peace. I can only classify it as a “God-thing”. Only God’s grace could have healed this broken heart and replaced what I saw as failure with a purpose. God has placed a passion on my heart for building up the next generation of church musicians. I am able to use the gifts He’s given me in music, leadership and teaching. Nothing that I dreamed could have been a more perfect fit for my life. To God be the Glory!"

My prize package includes:
  • Tickets for 14 people to attend the Simulcast on Sept 15. (If you don't know what this is Click here to learn...). I'm inviting a few friends, the Women's Ministry Team that I serve on, and we drew tickets for 2 of my fellow Bible Study group members to join us.
  • A copy of Praying God's Word by Beth Moore
  • A copy of Beth Moore's newest Bible Study, James. (I just finished that study, but she might sign it!)
  • A copy of the Living Proof Live listening guide that includes my story... everyone who attends the simulcast will receive one.
Five winners were chosen out of over 400 entries. I'm excited to see the other stories and most especially excited to participate in the simulcast with my fellow Siestas!

No comments:

Post a Comment