Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Basketball & Stuff

By this point in the season, I had hoped to have posted some pics of Eliot in his basketball uniform at his first couple of games. Unfortunately, last Friday he injured his wrist in practice. (He was slammed into the wall by a teammate and tried to prevent a head injury- he also has a mark on his forehead.) As soon as I picked him up from practice I took him immediately to the ER to make sure it wasn't broken. I haven't prayed that hard at a doctors visit in a long time! After talking through the options of what might-be with Eliot, and feeling pretty confident he could accept the results, the doctor came in and said it wasn't broke- praise God! The bruising has gone down quite a bit and he is using his hand pretty well this evening, but he hasn't been allowed to play since. He missed his first game on Saturday and will miss tomorrow nights game as well, and then we are hoping he can practice on Thursday. Tonight we had to go to the mall to find something for him to wear to school. On game days the guys all dress up and apparently his regular church wear wasn't good enough. He chose a black dress shirt and a hot pink tie... I have got to get a picture of that! I should have snapped some pictures when he was practicing tying the tie :)

I also found a couple of pics on my phone to share. The first is of Rose and Elise at the State Championship football game at Memorial Stadium. We won- Go Knights! The second is from this past Sunday. Elise is wearing her choir shirt and the cute Christmas skirt that Rose made for her... she was adorable!


No comments:

Post a Comment