The last 10 days have sort of been a blur... Elise and I have had a flu bug off and on, but I think we are both ready to go back to school and work tomorrow for good. Elise was home from school 3 days this week and 1 last. Besides flu symptoms, she also has a double ear and throat infection. I was nauseous for so many days that I was starting to wonder if I was (gasp) pregnant. But, rest assured, I just got a little over-extended and couldn't catch up.
Our Christmas programs were this past Sunday at church. Elise was in the 1st-5th grade program. We had 128 kids in that program and they couldn't have been a better choir. Our theme was "The Light Before Christmas" and they did an awesome job of letting their light shine. (See Elise's shirt in previous post.) In addition to the 4 Christmas programs, (1st-5th grade; 3 year olds, 4/5 year olds, & Kindergarten), Scott brought his trombone choir to play pre-show music, a craft festival took place for kids to make ornaments, there was a cake-walk and you could eat dinner with the Waffleman. Yes, I was exhausted when it was done, but it was such a good day.
Eliot has the OK from the trainer to play now as long as he wears a brace on his wrist. He has practice every day except Sunday. And on game days, the team dresses up in church clothes. I wish I would have taken a picture of him on Tuesday (it's just too early in the morning for me to be that focused!). He was so cute in the outfit he picked out. I have a couple of pics from Monday nights game...
...and soon I will have better pics as my sister-in-law Carol came down from Plattsmouth on Tuesday night and got some great pics with her fancy camera! Thanks for coming, Carol!
My brother, John, stopped in for a visit last night. After I got home from church, the boys and I watched some stupid TV and laughed a lot. Hopefully, we are done being sick and I can now make some plans for Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment