Monday, June 27, 2011

I am Living Proof...

This weekend, I was so excited to see Beth Moore live and in person here in Lincoln! For those of you unfamiliar with her, she is the author of the in-depth Bible Studies that I have been doing ever since we came to Sheridan. It's hard to sum up Beth Moore...all you have to do is say her name, and people know what you mean. She's wild and crazy and solid and down to earth, and one of the best teachers I've ever had.  If you've never taken a Beth Moore study, do it! You will not be sorry and you will be hooked on Jesus for the rest of your life.  Anyway...the Living Proof event was very inspiring and I've been thinking about it all weekend. The topic was "Knowing Better" and I'm hoping that they post the commissioning soon so I can sum it up for you.

This was the first weekend I've had off in a long time and.... SHHHH!!! Don't tell anyone....yesterday, we slept in and skipped church!! Scott got us donuts and then we started putting the house back together after these crazy couple of months. The basement was a disaster, the laundry was piling up again, the floors haven't been cleaned in weeks...sigh...so, we cleaned the house and went to the grocery store. It felt really good and was good timing as this morning I woke to Elise telling me "Come quick mommy- there's water everywhere!"  It has been raining, and raining and raining...and yup, it soaked half the basement. Adrienne helped me haul the carpet outside and the fans are on full blast, so it should be dried out shortly. (In case you are wondering...Scott had already left for work and Eliot was at cross country.)

One more thing: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! Love you!

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment