Wednesday, June 22, 2011

VBS 2011!

What have we been up to all week...? PandaMania!!
Adrienne's working in the kitchen, Eliot's in charge of 6 elementary kids, and Elise is enjoying being with her friend, Annika :)
Yesterday, I helped my good friends build a whale...not just any whale....a whale big enough to hold 60 people! The story today was Jonah, and Linda and Roger are in charge of "Bible Knowledge", (which is really story time.) Linda is my great accompanist and we work really well together. Her wonderful husband, Roger, insisted on building a whale that wouldn't fall down...although I think halfway into our 5 hour ordeal he was rethinking that. He built the frame out of PVC pipe and brought all the pieces to church. Linda and I helped him assemble it, and then 4 other office staff came and helped put the skin on-whew!! Tomorrow's story might be a let-down after that...we only turned a classroom into a secret hideout.
Here's part of opening time this morning. Eliot's underneath the left screen. I have no idea where Elise is :)
After Opening, the elementary kids rotate through Bible Knowledge, Crafts, Games, Movie and Snack. Preschoolers combine movie and snack and then have Bible, crafts, games & music rotations. I don't have exact numbers, but I think we have around 220 elementary kids, 100 preschoolers and 100 volunteers this year.

Here's three of my favorite faces....
Of course, when I got the camera out, everyone wanted to be my friend :)

Our mission project this year is Relief Buckets for Joplin. If you're in the area and would like to help out, click here to learn more about the project. You can bring me the items, or drop them off at our church, 
(Sheridan Lutheran, 70th & Old Cheney).

No comments:

Post a Comment