Monday, January 17, 2011

A Winter Get-Away

On Thursday, I packed up Elise and headed to Minnesota for a much needed play date with winter. Scott had to work, and even though Adrienne and Eliot had semester break, they both had extracurricular activities that they chose to stay in Lincoln for.

In no particular order, here are my "Top 5 Things to Cherish about a Winter Get-Away":
1. I did not have to cook. I was treated like a princess and was waited on hand and foot by my dad and step-mom.
2. I did not have to watch one single episode of Family Guy for four days.
3. I was delighted to reconnect with a long lost friend after 22 years!
4. I chose the playlist on the I-pod for the 7-hour drive.
5. After standing outside in the frigid winter air, I could finally breathe.

Here are some pics of our trip...




We did a lot of bird watching...


Good morning, God!

Dad let Elise ride in the tractor while he cleaned up the snow and fixed her sledding hill...







A perfectly beautiful, winter day on the farm...





We surprised mom and John at Famous Dave's for dinner...

Elise took a pic of me and my friend, Jenny... shhhh... no one can tell we are almost 40! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment