Monday, December 7, 2009

Winter is here...

Well, I'm not sure I'm completely out of my pit yet, but I think I'm moving in the right direction. Tonight I am fairly exhausted- both mentally and physically. I just got home from helping put the stage up. I didn't actually do much except move chairs around, put some tape down and tried to be encouraging to the guys who were doing all the work. But, none-the-less I seem to have worked enough to want to sit down. I think it is too much work to put the stage up for one week, so maybe next year we won't.

Today Elise had some lab work done for her surgery next Monday. She had to potty in a cup and have a blood draw. She cried from the moment the nurse told her she was having a poke, until she actually was poked. Then she stopped crying and watched the nurse fill the container. She has pottied in a cup so many times that she doesn't have any problem with that. Of course everything at the hospital took twice as long as it should have today, so I wasn't able to pick up Adrienne and Eliot after school. Most days it is not a problem as Adrienne drives and Eliot can walk. But it snowed last night and the temp today was in the teens. I didn't want Adrienne driving in the first snow of the year at 6:30 in the morning with all the other teen drivers who haven't been in snow in a while. So, Scott took her this morning and I was to pick her up after school. Luckily, a good friend was willing to go get her and even tried to track down Eliot who by this time had walked home.

Tomorrow is a new day and also a snow day...they are predicting 6-12 inches of snow so school was called off tonight. Maybe we'll bake some cookies tomorrow or just lay in front of the fire all day and watch movies and do nothing at all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment