Thursday, December 8, 2016

Same title- round 2... Time flies

I had very good intentions of blogging, but again time is going by so fast there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done. Is this how it's going to be from now on? Every time I turn the calendar I just won't be able to believe that a new month is here? How do you slow time down? I'm afraid it's not possible.

I have 3 glorious days off of work. Today I'm catching up on housecleaning, laundry and blogging! Our Christmas programs were on Sunday. It was a beautiful day filled with singing, acting and fellowship. I started preparing for the 5 different groups in July, so today it feels a little quiet in my head. My goal is to rest for these few days and come back next week with fresh ears to hear some great new music ideas for the New Year.  I need to choose music and write chord charts for my 1-5 grade praise team, as well as find a theme for the preschool and kindergartners.

Elise will have many Christmas concerts next week between school, private lessons and church. I am hoping she stays healthy so she can have a strong voice! Scott also has a lot of concerts coming up. 'Tis the Season! Eliot is getting ready for finals and Adrienne is working and visiting some friends in the states in the next couple of weeks.

Here are a lot of pics from the last month:
Elise at Confirmation Camp with her small group...
 Elise and Laci at their voice recital...
 Us on our way to vote on election day...
A girl from Elise's school was hit by a car and died. Elise wanted to visit the accident site and this is what people were leaving there. 
 Dad and Linda spent Thanksgiving with us at Tim's house...
 4 of the siblings...
 Elise and Marie...
 Cousins...
 This occasionally happens when Adrienne comes home...
 Elise decided we needed "a little magic" since November had been pretty stressful. So we put the Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving. Here she is behind the tree being goofy...

 Elise was an "honorary Bostrom" for a special music piece at church. She had so much fun singing, playing guitar and being a part of their family!
 The Family Christmas Celebration at church was an amazing fun-filled day. These are the shirts that the 140 1st-5th graders wore...
 Roger and Linda treated Elise and I to the Lorie Line concert at the Rococo Theater. Elise got to be part of the 12 Days of Christmas. #9ladiesdancing 
 Roger, Linda and Elise...
This was from last night in class when 1-5 graders acted out a readers theatre. They could be any character from the Christmas story that they wanted to be. "Mary" wore party hats, animals came, including some fun camels, and Joseph, angels, the star and shepherds made an appearance...
 Elise's confirmation group delivered presents to kids who had an incarcerated parent. Afterward, they stopped for treats.

Christmas is coming and I'm sure it will also fly by. 
Cheers to a healthy, happy and spirit-filled December!
#welcomebabyjesus

No comments:

Post a Comment