Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Breathe... just breathe.

April just flew by! Is that how it's going to be from now on? It feels like we just got off the plane from London, but at the same time it feels like a lifetime ago. I've been listening to the song "Breathe" by Jonny Diaz. The first verse seems to sum up most mornings lately:

"Alarm clock screaming bare feet hit the floor
It's off to the races everybody out the door
I'm feeling like I'm falling behind, it's a crazy life
Ninety miles an hour going fast as I can"

It's a great song! Google it and you will find an awesome video to go with it.

So here are some pictures from the last month:

When we were waiting to board our flight from London to come home, I just happened to look up and see a friendly face from church. He also happened to be one of our pilots. He let Elise sit in the cockpit and then brought us "presents" that they give to the people who travel first class. Thanks, Mike!
 We got home late Friday night and on Saturday morning, Elise had a drama rehearsal for a scene on Easter morning. Later that afternoon she also had a 2 hour dance rehearsal.
 We saw some ducks on a recent walk.
 My choir led worship. This time we added a string bass, 2 cellos and 2 violins into our mix.
 Dad and Linda came for a visit. It was a nice treat since we don't get to spend much time together. We ate tons of food, did a few projects around the house and enjoyed the nice weather.

 Elise had a choir concert at school. She had a solo in Mary Poppins, "Spoonful of Sugar" that she nailed!
We also had one other huge project going on during April. We put a new patio in. It was supposed to be a one day job, but after hitting the power line, it took 8 days to get it done. And I love it!

Before...
 A little problem with tearing off the siding...
 A lot of water and the trench that had to be dug for the electrical...
 Finally- rebar!
 And the finished product- LOVE IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment