*Please welcome Elise today on the family blog!
On Ash Wednesday I went through
the prayer stations with my mom after worship. They were great! If you walk
through with a pal, you can baptize each other, read the bible together, and
pray together. I especially loved writing a regret on a rock then washing it
off. You can really see that your sins are forgiven. I also loved the red
bracelet that tells you to let go of grudges because that is a good reminder.
The red color made me think of love. If you have grudges, you won’t love everybody
like God wants you to. Another station is reading Luke 4. You can see how Jesus
was tempted to sin against God but resisted. That shows me that everyone is
tempted to sin, but you can resist it.
One of the stations was washing your hands in sand, then washing them in water. I love this because the sand represents the bad things we do, and the water represents forgiveness. At the last station I got to snuggle and pray with my mom. It was very cozy and peaceful because there was a prayer shawl and a comfy chair. (That was my favorite station!!)


No comments:
Post a Comment