Friday, October 3, 2014

Where did September go?

A friend of mine said to me yesterday, "You haven't been blogging". Nope... I haven't. I'm in a rut. I can't find anything to talk about that isn't sad or depressing or boring. Keep reading if you want to see what I mean.

We got a ton of water in our basement the other night when it rained 6 inches. Today I found the last of it that had seeped into a laundry basket of clean clothes... that load is currently in the wash. The rugs are still drying outside.

I wrote a devotion for church a couple of weeks ago, you can read it here if you want.

We've been visiting Scott's mom who is very sick right now. Prayers for Marie!

I've been following a bazillion other bloggers who started The Nester's 31 day challenge. If you are looking to kill some time browse this site. Just scroll down over the categories that sound interesting to you and click on it. Each category will take you to many buttons with lots of great ideas and stories to choose from.

There was a snake in the office last Friday. Luckily I try to take Fridays off and was not there to see it. However, I cannot sit at my desk without putting my feet up on my chair, or open my drawers without looking first, or walk down the hall and watch the floor. (It was just a little garter snake that probably got in through one of the cracks in the doors leading to the pond. STAY OUTSIDE IN NATURE STUPID SNAKES!)

Eliot got accepted to UNL and has been admitted to the College of Education and Human Sciences with an indicated area of study in Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design... basically, he wants to design clothes and shoes for Nike or be a buyer. I think he can do that and still bounce a ball on the the side.

Elise went to Bob's last week and worked at the farm. She dug potatoes and picked green beans and of course drove the tractor. She's going there tomorrow to learn how to press apples and make applesauce and apple butter.

Tonight and tomorrow I'm going with some friends to the Women of Faith event that is here in Lincoln at the Pinnacle. We're going to go out for dinner and stop in and see Adrienne who works at KD Designs, (a little jewelry/scarf/candle shop in the Railyard.)

Adrienne's planning on graduating from UNL on December 20. Let me know if you want to come watch her walk the stage and we'll go out to eat after or get cake or something :)

OK- that's enough boring for now... unless you want to hear how the Huskers are doing or you need a weather update (fall is here by the way- today it's sunny and 55 degrees... we turned the heat on.) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment