The past few weeks have been a little different around here for our family. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and spent two weeks at home, literally laying around. The first week I didn't get out of bed. Then things got exciting and I moved to the recliner! That has NEVER happened. I don't get sick and I certainly don't get sick enough that I can't go to work after a couple of days. I thought that I wouldn't like staying home while everyone went about their business, but it was so nice and quiet at home by myself. And I didn't have to do any laundry or grocery shopping or cook! There was one day when I was about 5 minutes away from rearranging the living room and another day when I thought about cleaning out the basement, but I knew I was really too tired to do that.
Of course, now that I am mostly healed, I am getting a cold. (Eliot had it last week and Elise got it last night.) I'm trying not to freak out that this is going to be a long winter of sickness. Before the pneumonia, I hadn't had a cold or anything since the spring. The news is filled with things to watch out for and the schools have lots of nasty bugs going around.
Here are some pics from my phone from the past few weeks.
Pastor Greg taking the ice bucket challenge at the staff pool party.
Staff kids enjoying the night swimming.
I got tickets through church for Elise and I to go to her first Husker game, but then I got sick. Pastor Rhonda graciously offered to pick Elise up on their way to the game. Elise had such a good time! Her and Annika got to sit in our seats surrounded by our Sheridan family.
Elise and I stopped in to see Adrienne at work one quiet Sunday afternoon.
Eliot texted me this pic of his "A" in pre-calculus! He's doing so good his senior year!
Fun night at Elise's school- really all the kids looked like this :)
Happy fall!





No comments:
Post a Comment