As of today, everyone is back to a regular schedule. As much as I love to have the whole family home, I am really glad that goals are being set and that the spur-of-the-moment summer schedule is behind us.
I'm glad that there are quiet times to focus on reading and homework. Elise and I are reading "The Story"- we highly recommend it! It puts the whole Bible into a chronological timeline. Elise sometimes even makes voices for the different characters. Did you ever imagine that God sounds like Crush, the turtle from Finding Nemo?
I'm happy to hear piano songs and singing coming from the basement. This year we get to add violin to the mix!
I'm grateful that we can make time to do things with friends like go to the University of Nebraska Marching Band expo!
I am so proud of Eliot for getting a job at Scheels! We decided he would not run cross country this year since he's working. (You know he was extremely disappointed to have to make that sacrifice, right?) He is also getting into a routine for school and is really enjoying the IT program.
And today, Adrienne started classes. The best part is that she was looking forward to it and genuinely seems to be over the depression that came from spending 3 months overseas in Italy and then coming home to a reality check. She does have a goal of saving enough to study in France next summer, but for now, she is content.
Matthew 15:35-37a
"He told the crowd to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. They all ate and were satisfied. "

No comments:
Post a Comment