Today Elise ran the Mayor's Run with 100's of other kids. She was in the last heat- girls, 2nd grade and under. She came in at 9 min, 51 sec toward the beginning of the pack. I almost didn't see her finish even though I hustled across the capital lawn! They ran 1 mile, one and a half times around the capital. Overall, 3600 kids under 6th grade participated today. (You can read the article in the local paper here.) They all did an awesome job- go runners!!
Here's Elise lining up at the start...
I just happened to spot her gym teacher (left) and principal (right) as we were waiting for the runners- Go Sheridan Sharks!...
Here's Elise coming out of the chute after crossing the finish line...
Exhausted- she worked hard and it was hot!
Better now in the shade and not cramping up... :)
Good job, Elise!





No comments:
Post a Comment