Saturday, May 14, 2011

Two weeks left...

Can it be possible that there are only two weeks of this school year left? Two weeks until my baby graduates from high school?

I'm not sure that's enough time...

Did I teach her everything she needs to know?
Did I give her enough memories to last? ...enough traditions?
Did I give her enough reasons to want to come home?

I keep mulling over some things...

Can she feed herself?
Do her own laundry?
Spray mace in the face of evildoers?
Drive across the country safely?
Change a tire?
Live on next to nothing and be happy?

Does she know what to do when she gets sick?
When the ATM eats her card?
When her bike gets a flat on the way to classes?

What about when her new friends want her to try this new stuff they have?
Or, stay out for the 4th night in a row?
Or, skip class?

Seriously, how am I going to know she's ready for this? That I'm ready for this?

Faith...
I think it comes down to faith...
  • Faith that over the past 18 years, through the great moments and the mistakes, I've done the best I know how to do.
  • Faith that she hears my voice in her head, and listens to it.
  • Faith that she's a strong, confident young woman, capable of making good choices.
  • Faith that she can do anything she puts her mind to.
  • Faith that God is good, all the time.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

No comments:

Post a Comment