Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eliot

Eliot pointed out to me last night that I have not blogged about him lately... my bad... ("sorry 'bout it- hope you're not, like, mad about it"...)

So- what has Eliot been up to...
Eliot has been doing some really great things at church this past month. He is in his last year of Confirmation and will be getting confirmed in September. He had an essay that was due this weekend and he finished it early! He's also been serving in some new capacities. In addition to shepherding in the kindergarten room on Sunday mornings, and playing bass for worship on Wednesday nights, he ran the video camera for the drama on Good Friday. He actually had a lot of fun and our tech guy said he was a natural. We will get to see a copy of it and Eliot is excited to show me the parts that he taped.

The week before that he showed off his musical skills by playing the shofar at our Holyland event. The shofar is a ram's horn that we used to dismiss classes for the evening. It stinks (literally) and is really hard to play. This is his 3rd year doing it :)  And, last night, at our last Wednesday @ the Well for the year, Eliot played bass for our family as we sang, "Hold us Together."

Eliot has also been taking on the babysitting roles in the family. Adrienne used to be the one that I would count on to take care of Elise if I needed to work after school or at night, but now Eliot is on call. He's been doing a great job playing with Elise and getting her to bed on time. Plus, I pay him so he's getting rich! He's saving up for summer vacation, or something...

I wish I had a picture of him to put here. Maybe I'll take one tomorrow and insert it. I would love to show you Eliot's daily outfit... shorts, T-shirt, and his Nike, pullover sweatshirt... same thing, everyday... gotta love that middle school boy wear. Oh, and guess what,... in about a month, Eliot will officially be a FRESHMAN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment