Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sick Day, #3

Poor baby! I finally took Elise into the doctor as she still had a 101 fever when she got up this morning. (She would say 100.9 as she has been taking her temp and telling me what it is. When I went to pick Eliot up after school she texted me: "99.2") It turns out she has an ear infection. Her ears don't hurt, so that's good. But, she can't stop coughing. I'm hoping the antibiotics will kick in before the weekend.

Tootsie and I have been on our own all day. Eliot went to school and was able to make it through basketball practice. He seems good tonight, with just a lingering cold.  Adrienne has joined the YMCA and has been out every night kick boxing or Zumba-ing. Tonight, she went to speech, went to the gym and just now called me that she's back at speech- OY! Scott is in Washington DC touring with the faculty brass quintet. So, I started the dreaded task of organizing the taxes today. I didn't want to do it, but there is this pesky thing called a "FAFSA" that apparently needs to be filled out now, even though I'm pretty sure we won't benefit from it. What would be better is if Adrienne could gather some teacher signatures for some scholarship applications- are you reading this, Adrienne? Let's go already! Anyway, about half of the FAFSA form is based on info from your 2010 taxes...sigh...

As I'm typing this, Eliot is watching the Heat and the Knicks duking it out on the court. I am amazed that I don't hear any coughing from the other room. Is it possible Tootsie has settled into a quiet sleep? One can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment