This weekend was our Family Christmas Celebration at church. In one afternoon, a family could experience four Christmas programs, a crafts & games festival (including bingo and a cake-walk), a hands-on-service project, the festival of trees silent auction, the Nebraska Trombone Ensemble and the Waffleman. (Dad, I brought ours home and they're in the freezer waiting for your visit :)
All of the Christmas programs were wonderful! The numbers always overwhelm and amaze me...128 1st-5th graders, 42 Kindergartners, 33 four year olds, and 27 three year olds. I had a few moms taking pictures of the Christmas programs. You can click here to see some of those pics.
I was so proud of my 1st-5th grade Christmas Choir. At one point I had tears in my eyes and had to work hard to focus on directing. We had rehearsed for 6 weeks on that program. Almost every one of those 128 kids had come to rehearsal once a week, and more than a few came twice a week. The week leading up to the program we sang in three different worship services. We also had a 14 piece orchestra, a small handbell choir and a 5th grade drama troupe. They did such a great job and told a beautiful story filled with song and movement.
The last three programs were very cute and charming in their own way. I was very happy that we separated those children into three programs. It is not easy, make that impossible, to contain 90 little ones and keep them focused!
All-in-all it was a wonderful way to celebrate Jesus' birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment