Monday, September 6, 2010

Restful weekend...finally...

We had a great 3-day weekend! Scott didn't have to work at all, and I only worked a few hours which meant that we could sleep in on Saturday AND Monday. I think everyone slept until 9- we don't even do that in the summer!

My weekend started on Friday. I had coffee with my neighbor Ann, and she was telling me about her painting project that would have to be done on the weekend as she had put it off all week. I started telling her about how I had wanted to stain the windows for a couple of years as the ones facing the sun were getting really dry. I even had the stain in the basement but had many excuses as to why I didn't need to do it. So, we agreed to be accountable to each other. It was a gorgeous day with a nice breeze coming through the windows. I was able to stain the 3 sets of windows in the living room and wash the curtains before the kids were home from school. When Scott came home, he said he would do the rest of it on Saturday, and he did :)

By Saturday afternoon, the house was getting pretty smelly from the stain, so I dropped Eliot off at the gym and took the girls shopping. When we came home, Adrienne went with some friends to watch the Husker game, and Eliot, Elise and I had a picnic on the living room floor. After dishes were done, Scott made a fire in the firepit and we enjoyed the fall-like weather on the deck. On Sunday, Scott took me shopping to pick out a new dining room set. (It will be here Friday and I'll post some pics!) Elise and I spent a good part of the afternoon changing the mantle decorations. Usually, I do that when the kids are at school as it can be a mess, but it was nice to have the help cleaning up!

Today, after homework and chores were finished, I asked, "What should we do this afternoon?" Elise announced she wanted to go to the Omaha Zoo and since she has been asking to do that all summer, I agreed. Eliot already had other plans with friends, and Scott really didn't want to go, so it was a fun girls day. We went through the Rainforest, the Gorilla Exhibit, the Aquarium and we even hiked up the hill to see the elephants.

Tomorrow, everyone goes back to a regular, crazy schedule. Goodbye rest- don't stay away so long next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment