Because I'm married to a classical musician who also teaches rock-n-roll history, we listen to a variety of music. On any given night you could hear this in our living room: "Guys! Come check this out!" Scott loves to show the kids the latest video he's found or a new lyric he's pulled out of some song he's studying. I don't find the rock-n-roll music nearly as fascinating as he does, so my typical response is a head nod and maybe "that's cool...", but, occasionally, I will jump in the game and try to find a new video or a new song that is unfamiliar to him. (Yes, it is hard, but not impossible.) Yesterday, I found a video of Dolly and Norah Jones doing "Creepin' In." As I was playing it I heard, "Is that Norah?" Got him! :)
Don't let her fool you. Julie has great taste in music and knows more about all kinds than she lets on.
ReplyDeleteShe continues to surprise me!
P.S. She has always loved Dolly.