Thursday, July 15, 2010

What a difference a year makes...

Today I was thinking about last year at this time... we were getting ready to go to the lake and then to celebrate Scott's parents 50th anniversary. But before we left, Elise was going to have another test to see if her bladder was healed. Unfortunately, it was not God's time for that and she would go through 8 more months of surgeries, medicines and testing.

Today, as we are anticipating our journey up north, Elise is completely healed, there are no tests to take, no medicine to drink and no more wondering how long will it be before she will be healed. There are no hurried plans to make, no schedules to work out, no phone calls to wait for and no prescriptions to fill.

This year, all I'm worried about are if the kids going to drive us crazy on the drive up? Who will be the first to jump off the dock? Which gas station will have the cheapest milk? How many sweatshirts should I pack? Do we have enough movies on the i-pods?

This year I'm looking forward to sitting on the dock and looking into the clearest water I've ever seen; I'm looking forward to the kids trying to out-do each other with new tricks as they jump off the pontoon into the middle of the lake; I'm looking forward to waking up and counting how many loons are eating breakfast- do they have babies, and are they big enough to swim alone or is mama still close by; I'm looking forward to shopping with the kids as they spend the money they've saved up; I'm looking forward to time together- with no worries, no plans and no schedules.

See what miracles can happen in a year?

No comments:

Post a Comment