Sunday, June 20, 2010

VBS 2010- Here we come!

Tomorrow begins a week of "High Sea Adventures" at our church. The building will be filled with 450 volunteers and kids...and, I think we are ready for them :) I will take some pics to post later this week. Elise spent many hours the past couple of days helping out decorating. She painted the anchor for the main ship and she helped a couple of other kids build a ship out of cardboard for one of the rooms. It turned out great! She is moving up with the "big kids" this year and I will miss seeing her in my music room. She is officially a 1st grader now and will be part of the elementary rotations. Her leader is a sweet girl and she is in a group with her best 'sister' Annika. 

Eliot will be shepherding his favorite preschool buddy and one other boy. And then will help out at lunch time with Elise and a few other kids while we set up for the next day.  I will be teaching preschool music... 5 rotations of it all morning... I'll need my sleep this week!

The week will hold other highlights as well. Adrienne will miss VBS this year due to her UNL class; Eliot has a double header basketball game on Monday night; on Thursday, Scott is playing in Omaha with the "Temptations"; Thursday night is the VBS band concert and ice cream social; and hopefully, the rain will cease and we can get some pool time during the evenings!

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment