Monday, May 31, 2010

A beautiful week!

I took last week off from work and boy did it feel great! I was determined to leave work behind and truly rest, and amazingly, I was successful :)

So what did I do with 5 glorious, kid free, work free days?
  • On Monday, I went shopping in Omaha at Village Pointe;
  • Tuesday, I cleaned our bedroom and Scott's practice room (I'll try not to harp on the kids so much as I'm not sure they are the biggest slobs...);
  • Wednesday, I tried to give blood, but my iron was too low again so I came home and took a NAP!;
  • Thursday I went for a long walk on the bike trail, got groceries and came home and watched a movie;
  • and, Friday, I went along on Elise's fieldtrip to the park and just took care of house stuff.
This weekend we enjoyed our new grill and invited some friends over for dinner. Adrienne and I were also able to spend some girl time at the Farmers Market and then again when we went swimsuit shopping. And today, we all enjoyed the beautiful weather by taking a walk around the UNL campus and then went out to eat in the Haymarket.

It was a great week- so great in fact, that I thought about not going back to work. Seriously, anyone can do my job. But then I had to shell out $800 for tuition and a book for Adrienne to take one class at UNL this summer, so back to work I go! I also felt God nudging me back to work during worship on Sunday. Pastor Rhonda sang "Walk With Me" by Caedmon's Call and played a slideshow of pictures that had been taken throughout this past year. It brought me to tears. If you asked me, I could tell you a story about almost every one of those pictures. I knew the people in them as well as the events surrounding them. I've been asking myself if I really make a difference at Sheridan, am I still passionate about Children's music, is this really where God wants me to be,... honestly I don't know. But until I feel called to go somewhere else, this is a beautiful place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment