This has been an incredibly hard few days. No one should have to bury their child and I hope I never have to go to another funeral like that, although I know the chances of that are not good. The service was beautiful and heartwrenching. Tears from grandpas and children alike could be heard throughout. I was unable to sing a single note but found myself smiling at some of the pictures of Logan and his family. Outside the Worship Center there was a table set up with pictures and mementos. On the floor, a tiny bass guitar sat on a stand. When we came out of the service, it was gone and I can only assume that it went into the casket with Logan. I don't understand why this had to happen and I'm not alone in that. I don't know how his mother can get out of bed each day and carry on with this life. I'll continue to pray that God would grant mercy on his mother and brother and give them peace and healing...I see no other way for them to get through this. I'll also continue to choose to believe that God did not want this to happen. I believe he hurts when we hurt and he's sad when we're sad. I also believe that God can heal our hearts and that Logan would have wanted that for everyone he loved.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
No comments:
Post a Comment