Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy 17th Birthday, Adrienne!!

Is it really possible Adrienne, that you are 17 years old today?

...17 years...

...17 years of worries- no one can really prepare you for that...

...When you were a toddler I worried about you falling (ha! we still worry about that (: )

...when you were in kindergarten, I worried if you wore your coat at recess and if you were being challenged enough in school (hmmm...I still worry about that too)

...when you started middle school I worried if your friends were going to be kind to you

...when you started driving I worried if you would find where you were going and if you would get there safely...

...but I never worry that you will treat others fairly and with respect; that you will show compassion and grace; that your grades will reflect your best abilities; that you will be responsible and honor your commitments...

...Always remember your dad and I will be right here while you are trying to figure out your next step in life. I can't wait to see what God has in store for your next journey.
I love you more than I can say-
love, mom

Well I can't tell you where I'm going,
I'm not sure of where I've been

But I know I must keep travelin'
till my road comes to an end

I'm out here on my journey, trying to make the most of it
I'm a puzzle, I must figure out where all my pieces fit ...




No comments:

Post a Comment