Life is good. I think I want one of those T-shirts. Have you seen them...with cute little quotes? Anyway, life is good today. I have been working on details for the Haiti Relief concert- the line-up for the night is going to be AWESOME! And, the health kits are steadily coming in. I'm also lining up music for the Sweetheart Dinner that will happen before the concert and it looks like that will come together as well.
Adrienne has been hard at work preparing for the ACT on Saturday. She got a 32 last time and wants a 34....we'll see. She is also getting music ready for the Haiti Relief Concert. She'll be singing two songs and accompanying herself on guitar. The first one is a relatively new song playing on the Christian radio by JJ Heller, entitled "Your Hands". She will also be singing "Lean on Me". She did it in church a couple of weeks ago and everyone loved her arrangement of it. She started a new semester at school and she is enjoying sociology and US history. She has finally decided that this will be the last year of choir. It was a huge decision and I'm proud of her for going with her gut and not doing what she thinks everyone wants her to do. It's not fulfilling for her anymore, so why do it?
Eliot is playing on two basketball teams right now and really having a great time. He's still struggling with game day disappointments, but loves practicing almost every day after school. He also loves having something that him and Scott can do together. He's keeping his grades up. He came home with all A's and B's and has also started the new semester off with a couple of favorite classes. He started French, and is having fun practicing with Adrienne. He's also still playing bass and coming up with some great licks!
Elise is feeling better this week. Today she went on a playdate to Madeleine's house. Madeleine has two little sisters so they didn't have as much alone time as they wanted, but this is a great time for them to figure out family dynamics! We'll have to have Madeleine over to our house next.
Elise has been having tummyaches over the past few weeks. We think it's just a constipation issue and hopefully can keep it under control. Last week, I ended up taking her to the doc and they took an x-ray of her tummy just to make sure everything was OK. We thought she was going to have a blood draw as well, which she HATES! She sobbed from the time we left the doctors office until we got to the hospital. During that episode I came to the realization that she is "mad at the doctors for not healing her". I'm pretty sure she is mad at God too, although she refuses to say it. She did say that she "can't see God" and she "can't feel Jesus." Such tough issues for a little mind! On Saturday, she came to church with me to help out at a workshop that we were having for 1st graders and their parents. I was just there taking pics and helping to clean up, so during a quiet moment I said, "Let's go do the prayer stations". At one station there was a mini-waterfall and the kids were supposed to pick a rock to put in the water and then pray about it. Elise picked up a rock, turned to me and said, "Look mom! It says 'Trust', just like Pastor Larry said!" (Pastor Larry happened to be in the office on the day that she had to go to the hospital and they had a little pow-wow together on the floor in the hallway. It was one of those moments that make you cherish your church family!) She happily put her rock in the water, said a simple prayer, "Dear Jesus, help me to trust You," and has not complained once about her tummy hurting or that she didn't want to go to church since then. Did I mention that life is good? Maybe I should have said, "God is good!"
No comments:
Post a Comment