We are having snow day #5 of the school year today! As I'm looking at the weather update it says that currently it is -41 windchill. The kids were disappointed that they couldn't go to school again today. Eliot was supposed to have basketball tryouts after school, Adrienne is bored at home and in the last phases of prep before finals next week, and Elise just wants to be with friends 24/7. So when I said we were staying home today and not going to friends' houses or the gym, I became the most unpopular mom in Lincoln. But, I stuck to my guns and within a half hour they had found other things to do. I dug out all the sprinkles I could find in the cupboard and Elise and Adrienne made chocolate covered pretzels. Eliot was determined that if he couldn't go to the gym, he was at least going to go play outside. As of 2:00 today, he's been out twice and made a very cool sledding hill in our front yard. My hand nearly froze off taking the video of it from our front door, but it was worth it.
We'll probably have another snow day tomorrow as the weather is not supposed to improve. I think I'm going to start brainstorming what we'll do. Happy snow day-stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment