Friday, December 11, 2009

Peace...

It's 1:30 on Friday afternoon and I have about an hour and a half to myself before kids start coming home. This is going to be a crazy busy weekend filled with Christmas programs, youth activities, birthday parties, choir events and getting ready for Elise's surgery on Monday. If you need a reminder about what she's having done, you can look back at my blog from July, http://sjaeeanderson.blogspot.com/2009/07/he-said-no.html

On Monday, Elise will be having a 3 hour surgery to fix her bladder problems. She will be in the hospital from 3-6 days and yesterday I made the mistake of asking the nurse why it would be so long. She told me "to make sure the bleeding is under control and the pain is manageable". I shouldn't have asked. Even though I knew that she would have pain, I can't imagine 3-6 days of it. She will have at least one catheter, maybe two. I will be able to sleep in her room and that's about all I know.

Scott will be taking us on Monday and staying the day and then going back to Lincoln to finish up finals week and commencement. My dad and his wife are coming tomorrow to spend the week at our house helping Adrienne and Eliot get where they need to be and supporting them in their concerts and activities throughout the week.

I will update the blog when I can to let you know how she's doing. I'm asking any prayer warriors out there to lift up Elise and let this be the day that she will be completely healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment