17 years!!! I can hardly believe that 17 years have gone by...who could have imagined that in 17 years we would have lived in 10 different homes, driven more cars that I can count, and been given three beautiful children? We've went from living on student loans and trust fund checks and teaching whatever students we could find just to buy formula for Adrienne and gas for the car, to being an Associate Professor and a Children's Music Director who live paycheck to paycheck so their kids can have whatever they need, plus some extras, and we can grab a drink occasionally to maintain some degree of sanity.
My favorite memory of our wedding day is leaving with you in the 'gutlass' to start our lives together with everyone's blessing. I never thought for one second that it was a sign, when we had to turn around a few miles down the road because the gutlass wasn't going to make it, that I made a mistake marrying you. Every turn we have had to make as we have journeyed together has been a possibility that I couldn't have dreamt up on my own. Some turns have made us grow as individuals, some turns have made us grow as parents, some turns have made us grow in our professions ...but the turns that have made us the strongest are the ones that have made us turn to each other. I believe so strongly that the turn we are on right now will lead us to the happiest days of our lives.
I loved you yesterday, I love you today and I will love you tomorrow. I will never stop believing in us. Happy Anniversary,
me


No comments:
Post a Comment