Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This-n-that...






I am taking some much needed rest from church stuff for a few days- it feels great! Today Elise and I were able to take a drive to Omaha to visit the newest Anderson, Grace Ella. She was born to Mark and Missy on April 28th and of course, is such a doll!! Elise wanted to hold her the whole time and didn't care if she was crying or sleeping-it was pretty cute. We visited for about a half hour and then I took Elise to the Omaha Zoo where we had lunch in the Rainforest dining hall and saw the Rainforest, the Kingdom of the Nights and the Gorillas. We had a great time and hadn't seen any of those exhibits in a long time.

A couple of weeks ago, Adrienne did a job shadowing assignment for school with a reporter from the Lincoln Journal Star, Jeff Korbelik. On this particular day, they were going to interview the host of the TV show The Amazing Race. If you watch this clip http://www.philridesacrossamerica.com/daily_blog.html, click on Day 21 and at about 47 seconds in, you will see Adrienne :)

On Monday, Elise and I went to Eliot's school to watch MANchoir perform. It was so great! About 55 6th, 7th and 8th grade boys are involved. They sounded good and were dancing and Eliot looked like he was actually having fun! It was so nice to see him in a positive light at school! Also on that note, he is bringing his science and social studies grades up very nicely and I think he has actually taken a little pride in his work as today he came home and said he scored the highest percent on his social studies test in the class! Yay, ELIOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment