Monday, March 2, 2009

Random happenings...

I thought it was past time to update...I finally have a few minutes of uninterrupted time :) I have been working on updating facebook and the Sheridan website for our women's ministry at church. It has been a lot of fun, especially since I have a new computer to work on! Scott bought me a MacBook for my birthday. It's really nice to be able to sit down at night and relax and just sort of mess around and figure this stuff out.

Eliot got his cast off today. He was very excited and still needs to be careful with his arm for about 2 weeks- no contact sports...but he can at least play ping-pong in PE! Since we have been talking about college's so much with Adrienne, he has now decided that he wants to go to Duke to play basketball and eventually pro-ball. My only stipulation so far has been that he has to buy me a new house when he's drafted.

Adrienne is going on a choir day trip tomorrow-her choir sang the other night at a nursing home. They were not as good as when we heard them at Christmas. Besides the wrong notes and missed entrances, the stage presence of a few members ruined it for me- giggling girls and lack of maturity makes me think Adrienne is wasting her time. She wants to hang in there until next year when she will be in a different choir, so I have chosen to keep my mouth shut...well, sort of...as I'm posting this. We've decided that next summer we will take a family vacation and visit 3 of her choice colleges. So far I think we're going to Yale, Princeton and University of Iowa.

Elise has been keeping a frog in her tummy for the past couple of weeks. The frog as she refers to it, "jumps around" and is "hard". That, combined with her consistent whining, has made me think it's time for a visit to Dr. Petersen tomorrow. Her tummy hurts all of the time and I'm not sure if it's a made-up thing, or if her meds are affecting her or what. I was content with the frog...we even talked about letting him go in MN where he could be with his friends this summer, but now I'm not so sure we can wait.

So, that's some of the random happenings that have been going on here the last few days. We'll see what tomorrow brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment