Sunday, May 3, 2015

#LNKMarathon 2015

Today was the Lincoln Marathon and two of my good friends were running the half- 13.1 miles!!! Yes, I have crazy friends! 
Sheridan kicked off the event with a blessing of the runners on Saturday night during worship. 
Elise invited Eden and Annika to spend the night and do some decorating on the route for the big day. 
 We've been keeping track of the new lightbulbs going up around town...
After some chalk decorations, we went home so the girls could make signs for the morning.
We headed up the street at 7:20 as we were trying not to miss Annika's dad who was aiming to "run fast"... 
 Found him!! Go Eric!
 Then I saw this wild woman waving her arms and showing thumbs up! Go Amy!!
More thumbs up from Jody! You've got it!
 The girls with their signs- "Keep calm and run!" "You=Awesome" and from Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming... running!"
 Then came Julie! Thank goodness she was waving her arms! You can't believe how hard it is to try to pick out people in their running gear amidst a whole bunch of other runners. It's so easy to get distracted- (Did you see her tutu? Did you see that giraffe hat? Look at the military man in full gear and body pack! Let's check the app and see where they are! And then random runners start talking to you and pretty soon you think, "Did I miss them?!?!")
 She was running with her sister...
 and they were looking strong!
More thumbs up! 
Even though the route comes a mere 3 blocks from our house, this was the first time we've been able to watch the marathon due to work. I'm so glad I decided to cut out for part of the morning. Go runners! You did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment