Sunday, April 5, 2015

Holy Week 2015

This has been an incredibly full week with dinners, dramas, baking, practicing, visiting and trying to stay focused on what this season means. We were gone so much that I didn't even see the new, next door, neighbors move in. 
Here's the start of our festive week. 
Last Saturday Elise's class had a communion workshop. 
 Going through the prayer stations for Holy Week with best bud Annika...
Trying to be sacred together... 
God likes giggles, right? 
Picking out costumes to lead the palm procession at all 4 services on Palm Sunday weekend. 
 On Monday and Tuesday, we enjoyed summer-like temperatures after school at the park...
Wednesday night was a special meditative service and then choir rehearsal which Elise came to because she wanted to sing the Hallelujah Chorus which we do every year on Easter morning. Anyone who knows it is invited to come up and sing. Our music director said since she was there, she might as well sing the other song we were doing too- how thrilled was Elise!
On Thursday, Scott, Elise and I went to the Seder Meal. It ended with a special 
communion service for the 5th grade class... 
Annette, and the boys came down on Thursday and on Friday, Adrienne gave a tour to the future huskers, Eliot and Noah! 
#Huskermoms 
After a long Saturday morning of rehearsals and decorating the church, I didn't think we had the time or energy for pedicures, but my feet were so glad we did it! Don't you love Elise's toes that match her new bedroom?
 In the midst of baking desserts on Saturday afternoon, Elise and I took a break to have a picnic dinner in the Railyard with Adrienne. 
 We came home and Elise dyed Easter eggs while I finished making desserts...
 This morning Scott finished his week of playing at 1st Plymouth. Elise and I had to have a sound check at 7:40 - (ugh)- Adrienne and Eliot came for the 11:00 service.
Selfies with Jesus - He's Alive #Hallelujah!
 Trying to take a picture after church while we're all dressed up...


 Then we drove out to Uncle Tim's for dinner. Elise's egg hunt was a hit of the afternoon!
 15 people hunting for their eggs...

Toys for all ages... 





Happy Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment