Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy Anniversary, Scott!

Scott,
22 years... 
You saw this same post on my twitter page. 
"It's official- I've been married longer than I've been single."
Look at how young we were!
And on this day 22 years later, 
I had to get bifocals...
We walked around the Haymarket at a little slower pace...
We were home by 8pm and not even sorry about it...
We were able to afford dinner in any restaurant in Lincoln...
(remember how we ran out of food at our reception and had to go to Hardees for supper?)
If I had to go back and do that day over again, I'd do everything different 
except one thing-
I would still marry you.
I love you forever,
me

1 comment:

  1. My wife is everything to me. She's right. Our wedding was out of control and we didn't even know it! Well, not at first. Every day I wake up thankful that she picked me. Everything else in this world may be fleeting and temporary, but as long as Julie is here everything is right. Jimmy Webb wrote some beautiful words that describe my feelings about my wife:

    I've had time to write a book about the way you act and look,
    But I haven't got a paragraph.

    Words are always getting in my way

    Anyway, I love you.
    That's all I have to tell you,
    That's All I've Got To Say.

    ReplyDelete