Friday, June 20, 2014

VBS 2014 - Weird Animals... Where Jesus love is one of a kind!

We just finished Vacation Bible School! And after preparing for weeks for the 300 kids and 130 volunteers who would overtake the building, I am sitting in the recliner ready to enjoy a quiet evening. As always, I was responsible for the preschool music rotations. This year I really wanted to try a "sensory day" where kids would experience music using their whole body. We did sensory day on Wednesday and it was a big hit!
The other days of the week were spent learning songs and actions, working on our Bible verse of the day and playing music games and activities. This year I was smart and did "drum day" on Monday when the kids were still getting used to us and not as active :) (Note to self: Always do drum day on Monday and get it over with!) We also played with sticks, eggs, rhythm instruments and boomwhackers.
I thought this picture captures the essence of preschool music! (Click on it to see a bigger size.)
Elise had a good time with her group in elementary rotations. This was her last year of participating in VBS, as next summer she'll be old enough to be a crew leader for preschool... what?!?! How is that possible?
Crew #10
Elise, Hailey, Annika, Amelia & Kenzie, with Leader Jetta
(Notice Elise's shirt? She added a little style this year :)
So happy to have great memories of another year of VBS at Sheridan!

No comments:

Post a Comment