Friday, May 23, 2014

London-Day 7

Today was our last day in London. We started the morning with breakfast at Garfunkels and then went to the Tate Modern museum. We both agreed this was our least favorite place in London... It was even worse than walking through the urine stenched subway tunnel at Blackfriars... no lie. If you like modern art than it probably has some nice pieces. I don't know why I even wanted to visit it, as I don't appreciate many 20th century composers so why would art be any different?

Anywho... After that brief jaunt, we headed to the Victor and Albert Museum that Adrienne wanted to visit. It was my highlight of the day. It was a huge museum (and obviously free as we don't pay to go through museums on the off chance that we hate them...see previous paragraph...) It housed many exhibits of British history-from silverware and princess crowns to rooms of castles. It also had religious and European artifacts and was just an overall great place to visit. To rest up, we sat in the outdoor cafe, had a cup of coffee and shared a muffin. Then we headed over to the Tower Bridge to do some last minute shopping.

In the late afternoon, we came back to the hotel to start packing up for our early departure in the morning. After we were sure our suitcases were ready, we went back to Strada for a pasta feast. We ended our night with a river walk and dessert. I had apple cobbler with custard and Adrienne had brownies and ice cream.  We have had a fantastic week and though I am excited for Adrienne to go off on another adventure I will miss her terribly. 

Love you baby girl!! I am so proud of you... Of your love of people, your love of languages and your love of cultures... Be strong, be open, try not to be overwhelmed and remember that it's ok to ask for directions!! 
Come home in a few months, ok?
Love, mama

1 comment:

  1. My beautiful girls! I get one back tomorrow and the other in a few months. Just remember Adrienne, there is no inappropriate time to FaceTime us. We'll do the same for you. Especially me.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete