Tuesday, May 20, 2014

London-Day 4

Today we traveled to Southampton, UK to visit with the linguistics department at the University. Adrienne loved it here! It was a very nice college city with easy transportation, lots of people and lots of shopping and restaurants. The campus was beautiful and she felt very at ease with the faculty and student body. They also have not had a Fulbright scholar in a while and encouraged Adrienne to apply for it. 
It took us about 2 1/2 hours travel time to get there. The ride from London was my highlight of the day-very pretty! And we lucked out with the weather today- it never actually rained on us.
When we got back to London we stopped at our hotel to freshen up, and then headed over a couple of blocks to a fish place that we had seen the other day. We both had Fish-n-Chips for dinner- delish!!
Then we walked around for a little while and decided to head back early to rest. Here's St. Paul's church which is about a 5-minute walk from our hotel and right around the corner from the fish restaurant.
(Sorry dad about the various size of the photos.... When I get home I will put them on my computer and get you all the same size...)
Hugs!!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that South Hampton was more to your liking! Let's get going on the Fulbright stuff. I am writing one for myself as well. We can make it a family project. The fish and chips looks great! Wish I had some...

    ReplyDelete