Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Elise and Lilly designed and made their own costumes this year. They were super heroes! Elise was "Super Cra-Cra" and Lilly was "Super Designer". If you asked Elise what her super power was, she would tell you something outrageous... something like, "I slay horses!" A little odd, but I guess it fit the "Cra-Cra" theme.  Elise wore this costume to the Martha House, to a Halloween party, to Trunk or Treat, and tonight for Trick-or-Treating.  Another Halloween is finished- (and all I can think is that it's one year closer to me never having to go trick-or treating again!) Hope yours was Spooktacular!

Oh, and as for chocolate... Elise decided she would pick non-chocolate items whenever she had a choice and that she will be eating the other chocolate treats that she brought home, (she even set some aside to give to Eliot.) I told her that was just fine because it's Halloween and we can't solve the worlds problems in one night. My favorite moment was when she was sorting her candy and said, "Mom! Look! It's fair trade!" I am so proud of her for knowing what to look for, for being mindful of where her food is coming from and for understanding that there are things in the world that aren't right, but she has a choice in what she wants to do about it. Now that's a quality of a Super Hero!


No comments:

Post a Comment