Well, this post should be pretty similar to my last post... WHERE IS SPRING?!?!?! There are fewer than 3 weeks until school is out and instead of bringing
popsicles and fans to school, I am still wrangling Elise into her winter jacket most mornings! In the past two weeks we have had rain, drizzle, snow and cold. This weekend was no exception. Yesterday Elise ran in the Mayor's Run. It was 41 degrees and drizzling. Luckily, the rain stopped when the gun went off, but the wind was mean. I've found that the weather does not keep Nebraskans from attending their sporting events. I kept hoping the race would be cancelled, but it wasn't, and I couldn't be the mom that says, "This is ridiculous and we're not doing it"... no, I had to be the mom that says, "Well, get your gear on and let's go!" I figured we'd be about 1 of 5 families to show up, but it was pretty crowded. Elise found some friends and is behind the girl in the purple jacket about half-way behind the starting line.
When she came around for the first lap, she was holding hands with her friend, Emily. (Emily's the tall girl in the white T-shirt and headband. Elise is about a head shorter.) She gave me a smile and pumped her fist in the air.
Here she is at the finish. She ran slower than last year, (note to self: holding hands and trying to keep your friend from walking will slow you down), but was much happier at the finish line (lesson learned: if you don't run as fast as you can the whole way, you won't throw a fit at the end of the race and lay down and beg to be carried and scare your mom half to death acting like you are going to pass out, AKA Mayor's Run 2012).
Then, in the afternoon, I took Elise to LSE where the drama department was putting on an "Enchanted Tea" complete with food, activities and characters from the Beauty and the Beast musical that they are doing. Our friend, Alex, is Belle's dad- we got to see him today in the show and he was awesome!
Elise was able to get autographs from the cast...
and a picture with Belle and the Beast! :)
Thanks for the fun weekend, Tootsie!
Maybe next week we can play outside and not freeze.
No comments:
Post a Comment