Today we spent the day cleaning the living room and setting up the Christmas decor. Our living room is very long and skinny and it's hard to find a seating arrangement that I'm happy with. If I try to put the furniture so that everyone can see the TV, then the walkways are blocked. If I want little sitting areas, then the cords from the lamps are in the middle of the floor. So this morning when Eliot said, "Mom, I really want to try the living room like this..." I said, "whatever- we have all day". When we were done, I took this video of Eliot explaining to Adrienne what we had done. He'll probably kill me for putting it up, but it just shows Eliot's true side- the one I get to see every, single day... and it just makes me smile ;)
After we got the room arrangement figured out, we set out to put the tree up.
Tootsie helped me decorate while the boys watched the Huskers. She did a beautiful job on the tree! She took her time spacing out the ornaments and even told me I could move them if they didn't look good. I always remember helping my grandma decorate her Christmas tree. She had this gorgeous tree with an ornament on every branch. She would sit back and let me decorate it and tell me where the bare spots were. I don't think I ever remember her "fixing" anything that I did, at least not until I left her house. ;)
I think this is why Eliot wanted to move the furniture around... better views of the TV.
Elise also set up all the mangers, except my fragile one which she let Eliot do...
All that's left is to put the village on the mantle.
Thanks guys! You worked hard today to make a beautiful room.








No comments:
Post a Comment