10. Adrienne went to college and I survived.
9. After 6 years, Scott went off of the pain-killer Vicodin. The fog that has encompassed him is finally lifting and I can see glimpses of the person that I married.
8. I am thankful for a God that carried our church family through some pretty hard journeys this year.
7. Eliot has grown up this year. He doesn't get so frustrated, and when he does, he doesn't throw a fit. He's working hard at basketball and working hard enough at high school to get all A's and B's. The best part is that the other day, he even told me a future plan that he has for a career. I just have one question. I want to know what was it that made him start thinking? Was it yelling at him to get his act together, or berating him for being so lazy, or was it the moment that I told him I wasn't worried anymore because there was always the military… I'd just like to know what got him thinking so I can skip the other stuff next time.
6. Elise is becoming a musical genius and gets to practice in church almost every week.
5. I finally came to the conclusion that I can't live life without being in an in-depth Bible Study. I used to think that I went to Bible Study because I enjoyed the fellowship, and while that is still true, it is not THE reason I do Bible Study. I am a much better person when I am consistently in the Word, when I am consistently working on my relationship with God and when I am growing in my faith. I am not as loving, kind, patient, compassionate, etc., when I am stagnate.
4. I took an amazing road trip through 9 nines states this summer with my two favorite girls.
3. I celebrated 19 years of marriage with my best friend. Some don't understand why one stays married when life isn't rosy, when days (or months) are hard or when your life doesn't turn out the way you thought it would. I don't remember anyone saying that married life would be easy. Those that think it is, aren't living in reality. It's not possible to have a relationship (with anyone) that you don't have to work on. If someone tells you otherwise, they are lying or in denial. All relationships take work. Marriage takes work… marriage takes compromise… marriage takes sacrifice… marriage takes constant prayer.
2. We will be able to get Adrienne through her first year of college debt-free.
1. I turned 40 and took the trip of a lifetime to Paris, France.
Happy New Year! May your 2012 be filled with an overabundance of blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment