Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! We have been spending a glorious day doing absolutely nothing today... it was the best Christmas present ever. The last month has been rather hectic. That's OK- that's usually how our time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is with rehearsals, concerts, basketball, finals and trying to make some holiday traditions. Today we got up, (some earlier than others), opened presents, and have not left the living room except to eat. We've played Fifa, made friendship bracelets, played scrabble, read the Christmas story, set up a new computer and watched basketball.

Over the past few days, Elise and I have had some time to do some baking. We made spritz cookies, a gingerbread house and Jesus' birthday cake.

Last night everyone was all spiffed up for church, but of course I got busy and missed my chance for a family picture... or even one of Eliot in his dress clothes again- aagh!!! While we were waiting for a sound check I snapped a few of Elise and her friends, Annika and Bailey.
The girls did a great job at all three family services and when we got home, Elise was extremely excited to open presents from siblings and grandparents.
I settled for a pic of the kids in front of the tree before we went to look at lights.
Everyone seems happy with their gifts...
and I got a new computer, a MacBook Air. It's so little!

Merry Christmas! 
May you feel the joy and anticipation of this special birthday for many days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment