We finally did it... the video games have entered our home. I never, ever, EVER thought that I would allow one of my children to own a gaming system, but maybe pigs are flying somewhere? On Friday, Eliot was allowed to purchase an Xbox 360. I feel like I have to share the details, such as... he paid for it with his husker and confirmation money; he earned all A's and one B+ on his first quarter report card of his freshman year; he ran faithfully in cross country since memorial day; he goes to church and volunteers with the first grade class; and my personal favorite, he's not crabby or throwing fits anymore. All of this led up to Scott and I surprising him by saying, "Let's go to Target and look at Xbox's".
He is in heaven. He taught me how to play football in the Husker Stadium. Scott and him spent part of fall break playing. And, when I came home from work on Tuesday, three boys were in my basement cheering and yelling at the TV.
Good times. :)
Tonight, after I got home from church, he had Elise put to bed and wanted to play "just one game" before he went to bed. I agreed. The funniest moment was when we were sitting on the coffee table playing, and then we were on the floor, laughing so hard we were crying because the table broke...
yes, broke...
it was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment